Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Have you had a petrol problem?

A driver fills up at a Tesco petrol station
A driver fills up at a Tesco
petrol station. Photograph: David Sillitoe
Drivers have been going online to talk about problems with their cars after filling up at supermarket petrol stations.

Some reckon the fuel has damaged their vehicles, but there is also widespread scepticism on message forums, with some posters joking about how everyone with a problem with their motor is now trying to blame Tesco, which insists its fuel is okay.

One writes: "I filled up at Tesco once... and my car keeps needing an MOT and a service... and now the brakes have gone funny ..."

Thousands of cars have broken down after filling up, however. The problems are apparently mainly focused in the south: Norwich, Essex, and Brighton have all been highlighted. More recent reports, though, also mention Manchester, Newcastle and Aberdeen.

One Vauxhall Corsa owner, writing on the PistonHeads' "gassing station", filled up at a Tesco in Dereham, Norfolk, and says the exhaust emissions warning light came on. The local garage told them they were the third person to have the same problem, which was being cause by a "bad batch of fuel". The Corsa owner says they will have to pay £90 for a new fuel sensor.

Does this sound how it is where you live? Please tell us about it by adding your comments below.

3 comments:

Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cash for cars mackay
cash for cars gympie

Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
car removal Brisbane
cash for cars brisbane

Max Cash For Cars said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
sell my car brisbane